Monthly Archives: July 2010
A tasty snack that will have your guests asking for more
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C.
- In a pan, lightly sauté chopped onion and capsicum for 3-4 minutes.
- Except for the bread slices, mix all the ingredients together.
- Spread the cheese mixture evenly over the bread slices.
- Place the prepared slices onto the wire grill cum barbecue tray. Place the tray in the centre rack position. Set the oven to toast mode.
- Toast at 180° C for 5 minutes or till golden brown.
- Remove using tongs.
- Serve hot with a chilli sauce.
An aptly named kebab whose ingredients are hidden to tease you.
- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients except for the spinach, cheese and corn flour.
- Sprinkle the corn flour and knead the mixture into a firm mass. If it is too soft add more corn flour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200° C.
- Divide the potato mixture into lemon sized balls.
- Mix the spinach with the cheese and insert a spoonful of this mixture into the centre..
- Flatten each ball into a patty or tikki shape taking care to seal the kebab properly and avoid cracks.
- Place the prepared tikkis onto a greased baking/cooking tray.
- Brush a little oil on the top.
- Place the tray in the centre rack position and bake at 200° C for 5 minutes.
- Turn the tikkis over with a spatula and cook for another 2-3 minutes till golden brown.
- Remove the tray with the handle and serve hot.
Just the mention of this dish can initiate a mouth watering conversation.
- In a large glass bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together thoroughly.
- Add the vegetables and paneer and mix lightly.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Skewer the vegetables with paneer alternately onto skewers.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200° C.
- Place skewers on the wire grill cum barbecue tray provided and place the drip/crumb tray below.
- Brush excess marinade over the vegetables before placing the tray in the top rack position in the oven.
- Set the oven function to broil. Broil the kebab for 5 minutes before basting it. Broil for another 3 minutes.
- Turn the skewers occasionally using mittens.
- Remove using mittens and serve hot garnished with radish slices and lemon wedges.
From Italian shores, this dish has become an universal favourite.
- Preheat the oven to 225° C.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass bowl to a pliable and smooth dough.
- Keep aside under a damp muslin cloth to prove/rise.
- When done knock back the dough and roll out into an 8” disc.
- Place on a greased and fl our dusted baking/ cooking tray.
- Prick the base all over with a fork. Bake in a hot oven at 225° C for 4 minutes and remove from oven.
- Spread the tomato puree evenly over the pizza bread.
- Arrange the vegetables over the puree. Sprinkle herbs, salt and pepper on top.
- Mix the two cheeses together and sprinkle on the top.
- Change the oven function to broil. Place the pizza onto a greased and dusted baking/cooking tray in the centre rack position. Broil at 250° C for 8 minutes.
- Remove using tongs and serve hot.
An Indian speciality that can make tea times more pleasurable.
- PASTRY SHELL DOUGH : Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and knead about 10 minutes. If the dough is too sticky to fi ngers add some more fl our. Gather dough in a ball and wrap it in plastic fi lm or keep under a clean damp muslin cloth for about 10 minutes. The plastic fi lm keeps it from drying.
- PREPARATION : Divide shell dough into eight balls. Keep the dough covered in plastic fi lm. Roll a ball out into an 8” round. Cut it into half with a sharp, pointed knife. This will make 2 half-moon shaped pastries. Pick up one half moon and form a cone, making a ¼” wide, overlapping seam; glue this seam together with a little shell sealer; and fi ll the cone with about 2 ½ tablespoons of the potato stuffi ng. Seal the wide side of the cone fl uting the edges. If using phyllo strips place a little fi lling at one end of the strip (1½” x 8”) brush a little water along the edges. Fold over into the shape of a triangle and continue folding till you reach the end.
- BAKING : Lightly brush ghee onto the top surface of the samosa with a pastry brush. Pre-heat your OTG oven to 225° C. Place the tray in the centre rack position in the oven. Bake at 225° C for 10 to 12 minutes. When done remove the tray with the tongs.