A French delight for the vegetarians.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon butter and sauté garlic and boiled vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- In a fresh pan heat the remaining butter, add flour and whisk for a minute on a gentle flame but do not let it turn brown.
- Add the cheese. Gradually whisk in the milk and allow to come to a simmer whisking continuously. Whisk in the nutmeg, salt, pepper and cream.
- Turn off the gas and whisk in the grated cheese and chopped parsley and garlic. Remove and keep aside.
- In a lightly greased casserole, put in the sautéed vegetables. Pour the sauce over it.
- Place the casserole on the baking/cooking tray. Place the tray in the centre rack position and bake at 225° C for 20 minutes.
- Switch the oven function to Broil/Grill in the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Remove using mittens and serve hot with garlic bread.
|5 tbsp||Peas (boiled)|
|1||Potato (diced & boiled)|
|5 tbsp||French Beans (diced & boiled)|
|1||Carrot (diced & boiled)|
|100 gm||Broccoli (chopped & boiled)|
|2 tbsp||Parsley (finely chopped)|
|1 tbsp||Garlic (chopped)|
|200 ml||Hot Milk|
|½ tsp||Black Pepper Powder|
|3-4 flakes||Garlic (chopped)|
|¼ tsp||Nutmeg Powder|
|100 gm||Parmesan Cheese (grated)|
Salt to taste
- Cooking Time: 25 mins
- Cooking Temp: 225°C
- Cooking Mode: Bake/Grill
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Shelf Placement : Centre
- Serves: 4