Category Archives: Microwave Ovens
- Line a baking tray with a silicon sheet or grease a rimmed steel plate with a little ghee and set aside.
- Place the sesame in a microwave safe glass bowl.
- Roast on P100 in the Morphy Richards Microwave Oven for 1 minute. Remove, stir and roast again for another minute.
- Return to the microwave oven and roast for 2 more minutes until toasted. Be careful of the timing as the sesame gets very hot.
- Remove and keep aside in another microwave safe glass bowl.
- Add the ghee and jaggery and microwave oven for 3 minutes on P100.
- Remove from the microwave oven.
- Working quickly, add the roasted sesame seeds and peanuts to the melted jaggery and mix it thoroughly with a silicon spatula
- When combined, pour the entire mixture on the silicon sheet or the greased plate.
- Spread the mixture smoothly using a silicon spatula.
- Leave for 5 minutes or until partially set.
- When partially set, score the chikki with a knife or palette knife into squares or diamonds.
- When totally cool, hard and set, break up into pieces and store in an air-tight container.
- In a deep glass bowl, combine the ghee and carrots and microwave on high power for 5 minutes, pausing and stirring after 3 minutes.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and microwave on high power for 5 minutes, pausing and stirring after 3 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.
- Place the popped corn in a large brown paper bag and leave aside.
- Cook popcorn using the auto settings or for 2 – 3 minutes. Or In a thick heat-proof casserole, combine the brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup, salt and vanilla essence and microwave on medium power for 6 minutes, pausing and stirring after 3 minutes.
- Remove and mix in baking soda.
- Pour syrup over the corn to coat the unpopped popcorn.
- Return bowl to the microwave and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cool before serving. Or Alternatively cook the sugar on the stove, stir in the popped popcorn and serve hot.
- In a large bowl, toss together the strawberries, pears, flour and granulated sugar and spread out evenly in a glass casserole.
- In a separate bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, sunflower seeds and wheat germ.
- Mix in the melted butter and apple juice.
- Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the fruits and cook in a hot oven on convection setting for 15 minutes, pausing and tossing every 5 minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- In a 500 ml glass bowl, combine the rolled oats, oat or wheat bran, raisins or mixed dried fruit, seeds and salt.
- Stir in 250 ml water, cover and microwave on high power for 2 minutes.
- The oats should be tender and water should be absorbed.
- If required, you can use the grill feature to get a crunchy top, continue to microwave 1 minute at a time.
- Leave to stand for 1 minute before serving.
- Arrange apple slices evenly in a glass casserole, cover and microwave on high power for 10 minutes, pausing to stir after every 5 minutes.
- Toss in the sugar and cinnamon powder and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Cool and mash with a fork till “chunky smooth”.
- Combine bittersweet chocolate and milk chocolate in a shallow glass bowl and microwave on high power for 2 – 3 minutes. Stir to mix properly.
- In another glass bowl, pour the cream and microwave on medium power for 4 minutes.
- Add cream to the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the Amaretto \ brandy \ rum (if using) and serve hot with pieces of fruits or small pieces of cake..
- Combine the raisins with rum and microwave on low power for 30 seconds.
- Leave aside for 30 minutes till raisins have soaked up the rum.
- Microwave chocolate in a separate bowl for 30 seconds, stir and repeat the process for 30 seconds.
- Stir in cream, and butter.
- Stir well till almost cool and mix in the raisins.
- Drop onto wax paper in the shape of rocks and refrigerate till set.
- Grease and line with wax paper two 8” round microwave-proof cake pans.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla essence together till light and fluff y.
- In a glass bowl, pour 250 ml water and heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Mix with buttermilk and blend into the creamed mixture.
- Blend in the eggs. Fold in the flour mixture and mix well till smooth.
- Microwave each pan on low power for 8 minutes.
- Microwave again on high power for 1 minute at a time till toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Remove wax paper and cool thoroughly before frosting.
- In a 2 litre glass bowl, combine the sugar, milk powder and butter.
- Microwave on high power for 15 minutes, pausing and stirring after every 5 minutes. (A few drops of the resultant mixture when added to cold water should form a soft ball)
- Mix in the chocolate and marshmallows.
- Blend in the vanilla and chopped walnuts. Pour into a greased tray, cool and cut into squares.