Who doesn’t love popcorn… Well here is a sweet twist to classical popcorn.
- Place the popped corn in a large brown paper bag and leave aside.
- Cook popcorn using the auto settings microwave Oven or for 2 – 3 minutes. Or In a thick heat-proof casserole, combine the brown sugar, margarine, corn syrup, salt and vanilla essence and microwave on medium power for 6 minutes, pausing and stirring after 3 minutes.
- Remove and mix in baking soda.
- Pour syrup over the corn to coat the unpopped popcorn.
- Return bowl to the microwave and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cool before serving. Or Alternatively cook the sugar on the stove, stir in the popped popcorn and serve hot.