Rich in tradition, rich in taste. A genuine masterpiece.
- Wash, clean and remove the skin of the chicken.
- Boil the eggs and fi nely chop one of them.
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of ghee. Add sliced onions and fry till brown. Remove and grind to a paste with a little water in a blender.
- In the same ghee lightly fry the cardamom, cloves, bay leaves and cinnamon before adding in the raw onion paste, ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, black pepper powder and garam masala powder. Fry well till the oil separates from the masala in about 5 minutes.
- In a large glass bowl whisk together the curd, fried mixture, cashew nut paste, brown onion paste, saffron and kewra essence along with the salt for the marinade.
- Apply the marinade all over the chicken and inside the chest cavity too.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° C.
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee on a gas stove and add the remaining marinade along with the chicken mince and a little water. Cook till the mince is dry. Remove from the fi re and mix in sliced nuts and the chopped egg.
- Stuff the marinated chicken with the mixture and truss up the chicken. Put the chicken on the rotisserie rod.
- Set the OTG oven function to Rotisserie. Cook the chicken for an hour at 225° C or till it is nicely browned.
- Baste the chicken with a little oil occasionally to prevent the outside from drying up.
- Serve hot garnished with nuts and sliced hard boiled egg.