A Rajasthani speciality. This delicious smoked kebab can be made using chicken, fish or lamb.
- In a large glass bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Mix in the meat pieces and leave aside for 3 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200° C.
- Skewer the meat onto the skewers provided and place on the wire grill cum barbecue tray. Place a dip/crumb tray below to avoid spillage onto the heating coils.
- Place into the oven in top rack position and set the oven function to Broil/Grill and grill at 220° C for 30 minutes basting it occasionally with ghee. Using gloves turn the skewers occasionally.
- Serve hot along with onion rings, lemon wedges and green coriander chutney.
|1 kg||Boneless Meat (1 ½” cubes)|
|100 ml||Ghee (for basting)|
|175 gm||Raw Papaya (peeled, de-seeded & ground to a paste)- alternatively 1 tsp of Meat tenderiser can be used|
|2 tbsp||Ginger-Garlic Paste|
|1-2 tsp||Red Chilli Powder|
|250 gm||Thick Curd (beaten)|
|2 tbsp||Brown Onion Paste|
|½ tsp||Garam Masala Powder|
|To taste||Salt and Pepper|
- Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Cooking Temp: 220°C
- Cooking Mode: Broil
- Preparation Time: 5 mins + marinating time
- Shelf Placement : Top
- Serves: 4