- Combine bittersweet chocolate and milk chocolate in a shallow glass bowl and microwave on high power for 2 – 3 minutes. Stir to mix properly.
- In another glass bowl, pour the cream and microwave on medium power for 4 minutes.
- Add cream to the chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the Amaretto \ brandy \ rum (if using) and serve hot with pieces of fruits or small pieces of cake..
- Combine the raisins with rum and microwave on low power for 30 seconds.
- Leave aside for 30 minutes till raisins have soaked up the rum.
- Microwave chocolate in a separate bowl for 30 seconds, stir and repeat the process for 30 seconds.
- Stir in cream, and butter.
- Stir well till almost cool and mix in the raisins.
- Drop onto wax paper in the shape of rocks and refrigerate till set.
- Grease and line with wax paper two 8” round microwave-proof cake pans.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla essence together till light and fluff y.
- In a glass bowl, pour 250 ml water and heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Mix with buttermilk and blend into the creamed mixture.
- Blend in the eggs. Fold in the flour mixture and mix well till smooth.
- Microwave each pan on low power for 8 minutes.
- Microwave again on high power for 1 minute at a time till toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Remove wax paper and cool thoroughly before frosting.
Departing from the traditional method of using rice, the poha version is just as tasty.
- Wash poha, drain and keep aside for 10 minutes. Using a fork, flake/separate the poha.
- Pour in milk into the electric cooker bowl and bring to a boil using ‘Cooking’ setting. Add poha and simmer, stir in sugar and cardamom and cook till it thickens.
- Add nuts and serve hot.
- In a 2 litre glass bowl, combine the sugar, milk powder and butter.
- Microwave on high power for 15 minutes, pausing and stirring after every 5 minutes. (A few drops of the resultant mixture when added to cold water should form a soft ball)
- Mix in the chocolate and marshmallows.
- Blend in the vanilla and chopped walnuts. Pour into a greased tray, cool and cut into squares.
- Combine the sugar and cardamom seeds and powder them.
- In a 1.5 litre bowl, pour the milk and microwave on high power for 4 minutes, pausing and stirring after 2 minutes.
- Mix in the grated coconut and microwave on medium power for 20 minutes, pausing and stirring after every 5 minutes.
- Mix in the khoya and cardamom sugar and microwave on medium power for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a greased tray, cool and cut into squares.
- Spread out the rice evenly on a glass plate and microwave uncovered for 8 minutes, pausing and stirring after 4 minutes.
- In a deep glass bowl, combine the ghee and roasted rice, microwave uncovered for 6 minutes, pausing and stirring after 3 minutes.
- Mix in remaining ingredients and microwave uncovered for 8 minutes, pausing and stirring after 4 minutes.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes to allow fl avours to blend. Serve warm or chilled.
- In a glass bowl, place the plum pieces and star anise and add just enough water to cover them.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes, pausing and stirring after 5 minutes.
- Mix in the sugar, black salt and pepper powder and microwave uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Strain, cool, mix in food colour and refrigerate for further use.
- To make sherbet, add 2 tbsp of prepared pulp for every 120 ml of chilled water.
- In a glass bowl, combine chopped mangoes with 350 ml water, cover and microwave on high power for 10 minutes, pausing and stirring after every 5 minutes.
- If the mangoes are still fi rm, add 50 ml more water and microwave again for 5 minutes.
- Mash and strain the mango pulp and mix in the cumin powder, pepper, black salt and sugar. Cool and use.
- Combine the sugar, water, citric acid crystals and cloves and microwave uncovered on high power for 10 minutes, pausing and stirring after every 3 minutes.
- Mix in the mint leaves and microwave for 5 minutes pausing and stirring after 3 minutes.
- Remove and strain and mix in the green food colour.
- Cool and store in a sterilized bottle.