This soft moist cake is truly delicious. You serve it with a dash of whipped cream or a liqueur.
- Grease and line with wax paper two 8” round microwave-proof cake pans.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla essence together till light and fluff y.
- In a glass bowl, pour 250 ml water and heat in the microwave for 1 minute in microwave Oven.
- Mix with buttermilk and blend into the creamed mixture.
- Blend in the eggs. Fold in the flour mixture and mix well till smooth.
- Microwave each pan on low power for 8 minutes.
- Microwave again on high power for 1 minute at a time till toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Remove wax paper and cool thoroughly before frosting.