The blend of rice, spices and vegetables make for a memorable feast.
- Combine the rice with 800 ml water and salt and microwave on high power for 5 minutes. Drain the rice.
- Combine vegetables (including green peas) with 2 tbsp oil, spread out evenly on a glass plate and microwave on high power for 6 minutes, pausing and stirring after 3 minutes.
- In a deep glass bowl, pour 1 tbsp oil and microwave on medium power for 30 seconds.
- Mix in mustard seeds, green chillies, cinnamon, cumin seeds, cloves and black pepper powder and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix in the onions, red chilli powder and tomatoes and microwave on high power for 3 minutes.
- Mix in the curd and microwave for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables, paneer and salt and microwave for 1 minute in microwave Oven.
- In a casserole, spread out half the cooked rice and spread out prepared gravy on it.
- Spread over with the remaining rice, sprinkle over with melted butter, saff ron milk and dry fruits and microwave covered for 5 minutes or till rice is done.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.