Tag Archives: Salads & Beverages
- In a glass bowl, place the plum pieces and star anise and add just enough water to cover them.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10 minutes, pausing and stirring after 5 minutes.
- Mix in the sugar, black salt and pepper powder and microwave uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Strain, cool, mix in food colour and refrigerate for further use.
- To make sherbet, add 2 tbsp of prepared pulp for every 120 ml of chilled water.
- In a glass bowl, combine chopped mangoes with 350 ml water, cover and microwave on high power for 10 minutes, pausing and stirring after every 5 minutes.
- If the mangoes are still fi rm, add 50 ml more water and microwave again for 5 minutes.
- Mash and strain the mango pulp and mix in the cumin powder, pepper, black salt and sugar. Cool and use.
- Combine the sugar, water, citric acid crystals and cloves and microwave uncovered on high power for 10 minutes, pausing and stirring after every 3 minutes.
- Mix in the mint leaves and microwave for 5 minutes pausing and stirring after 3 minutes.
- Remove and strain and mix in the green food colour.
- Cool and store in a sterilized bottle.
- In a glass bowl, add the oil and microwave on medium power for 5 seconds.
- Add the panch phoran and dried chillies and microwave covered for 2 minutes till the chillies sizzle.
- Mix in the ginger and microwave for 1 minute.
- Mix in the garlic, tomatoes, sugar, dried apricots and green chillies and microwave covered on high power for 10 minutes, pausing and stirring after every 3 minutes.
- Mix in the salt. Let it cool before serving.
- In a microwaveable bowl put some water along with the French beans, coloured capsicum.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove and strain off water.
- Toss in chilli flakes, salt and pepper and mustard paste and heat for 1 minute only.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.
- In a glass bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice and vinegar till well blended and microwave on high power for 30 seconds.
- Remove and whisk again and microwave as before for 30 seconds more.
- Remove into a food processor and blend egg yolk mixture with garlic, anchovies, worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper.
- Gradually pour in oil while blending (as is done while preparing mayonnaise) and blend very well.
- Mix in the grated cheese. Toss into vegetables.
- In a deep glass bowl, combine the potatoes with just enough water to cover them.
- Microwave covered on high power for 4 minutes.
- The potatoes must be cooked but not mashy. Drain and cool.
- In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, capsicum, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Mix well, add in the potatoes and serve either warm or chilled.