A delicious biryani made especially for vegetarians.
- Add in rice and stock/water to the electric cooker bowl. Cook using ‘Cooking’ setting. When rice is cooked it will automatically switch to ‘Keep Warm’ setting. When done, remove and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in the cooker bowl and fry all the vegetables using ‘Cooking’ setting for 5 minutes, remove from cooker bowl and keep aside.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to the cooker bowl. Fry whole spices using ‘Cooking’ setting for 1 minutes before adding onions. Fry for another 5 minutes. Add ginger-garlic paste, ground chillies, turmeric and fry for 3 more minutes.
- Then add in the vegetables and yoghurt. Cover and cook using ‘Cooking’ setting for 5 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Oil the bottom of the cooker bowl and spread half the rice into it. Layer over the rice half the vegetables then half the remaining rice. Layer over with vegetables and finish off with rice.
- Pour melted ghee on top and sprinkle with lime juice, chopped coriander, mint leaves and green chillies. Cover and cook using ‘Cooking’ setting for about 10 to 15 minutes or till it switches automatically to ‘Keep Warm’ setting and let it stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with golden fried onions and fried raisins.
- Serve hot with yoghurt salad (raita).
|500 gm||Basmati Rice|
|900 ml||Stock or Water|
|100 gm||Shelled Peas|
|4||Medium Sized Potatoes (halved)|
|3||Large Onions (finely sliced)|
|1 tsp||Ginger-Garlic Paste|
|5||Green Chillies (ground)|
|3||Green Chillies (whole)|
|2||Brinjals (cut into 4 pieces)|
|150 gm||Cauliflower (cut into large florets)|
|¼ tsp||Turmeric Powder|
|½ tsp||Caraway Seeds (Shah Zeera)|
|2 pods||Green Cardamoms|
|2||Lemons (juice extracted)|
|Few sprigs||Fresh Coriander (finely chopped)|
|Few sprigs||Fresh Mint (finely chopped)|