Spiced Carrot Microwave Mug Cake
- Cooking Time: 2 -5 Minutes
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Salted butter, melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence (Optional)
- 3 tbsp Carrot, grated
- 3 tbsp Refined flour
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Chai masala powder
- Nutmeg powder, as required
- Icing Sugar, as required
- Take the sugar in a large 350 ml mug.
- Add melted butter to the mug and whip it with a fork for 2-3 minutes until the mixture turns creamy.
- Add the egg to this mixture, and whip for another 2-3 minutes until it has completely blended and foamy.
- Add the vanilla, and the grated carrots and mix further for another 30 seconds.
- Now add the baking powder, flour, and chai masala powder into the mug and gently fold-in with the liquid mixtures. Don’t stir or whip.
- Transfer to the MR Microwave Oven and cook on P80 for 2 minutes.
- After the microwave beeps, remove the mug and use the skewer test to check if the cake is cooked through.
- If the skewer comes out wet, microwave again on P80 at intervals of 30 seconds, until cooked.
- Remove the mug from the microwave oven, and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar and/or nutmeg powder. Enjoy!
Let us know your thoughts!
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are important
Subscribe to our blog to get new recipes, buying guides and more, directly into your inbox!
Have an Account? Sign In